Quebec filmmaker Jean-Marc Vallée, who directed Dallas Buyers Club, spoke to CBC’s Jian Ghomeshi, who asked whether he ever considered casting a transgender actor.
"Never. [Are] there any transgender actors?" he said. "I’m not aiming for the real thing. I’m aiming for an experienced actor who wants to portray the thing." (x)
by “the thing” of course he means someone who is transgender
eviscerate this transmisogynist trash carcass
Well, there ya go. Shitty person and shitty director.
Yo, fuck that guy and that movie.
Lupita Nyong’o wins an Oscar for portraying a real life slave, and the first thing she did was thank Patsy for her inspiration.
Jared Leto wins an Oscar for portraying a trans woman, and doesn’t mention trans women at all.
I think the point makes itself.
Plus, he totally helped with the plates, just like a dad of six kids.
Another month where the first day falls on a Saturday means another month that you get the new episode of Radio BG a day early. This month’s show has no real theme, per se, just a selection of new stuff i’ve been listening to and old stuff i continue to listen to. Fear not, though, as the lack of a unifying thread does not keep it from being a great set, if i do say so myself. Hope you enjoy it, and if you’d like to download a copy, you can do that here.
1. Venice Is Sinking - Azar Two
2. Pretty Girls Make Graves - Speakers Push The Air
3. Charli XCX - SuperLove
4. Beta Band - Squares (Bloah Remix)
5. Waxahatchee - Brother Bryan
6. The Range - Postie
7. The Mountain Goats - The Best Ever Death Metal Band In Denton
8. The Radio Dept. - Heavens On Fire
9. CHVRCHES - Lies
10. Dum Dum Girls - Lost Boys and Girls Club
11. Madvillain - Raid feat. MED
12. Mogwai - Eagle Tax
13. Robert Pollard - Pop Zeus
14. Wye Oak - The Tower
15. Zola Jesus - Sea Talk
16. Pictureplane - Goth Star
17. Miguel - Simplethings
18. Aphex Twin - Film
19. Billy Bragg - A New England
20. Tweens - Be Mean
21. Hot Chip - My Piano
22. Crooked Fingers - Dignity and Shame
23. Enon - Disposable Parts
24. Ex Hex - Hot and Cold
25. Burial - In McDonalds
26. Bombay Bicycle Club - Overdone
27. Thee Oh Sees - Tunnel Time
28. Low - Sunflower
29. A Sunny Day In Glasgow - Laughter (Victims)
30. SZA - Aftermath
31. Windy & Carl - The Sun
32. Death - Keep On Knocking
33. The New Pornographers - Mass Romantic
34. Airbird & Napolian - In The Zone
35. The Knocks - Modern Hearts feat. St Lucia
36. TNGHT - Higher Ground
37. Beyonce - Drunk In Love (Diplo Mix)
38. M.O.O.N. - Crystals
So Machete’s a St Vincent fan, i take it.
I think about this joke at least once a week.
Black Ice (Sky High)
Goodie Mob • Still Standing
that shit you don’t see.
Been in it for the past few days
We went there a few years ago for that Matador 21 festival at the Palms and also liked it a lot more than we thought we would. This time we’re staying on the Strip so we can be closer to awesome restaurants.
Vegas certainly has it’s problems, but a) it has great food and b) it’s fucking warm. That’s all i care about right now.